Advice on upgrading RAM in a Lenovo T540P

Hi all,

So I've decided I'm going to invest in a Lenovo T540P notebook.  I'm using
this configuration
from
ComputerUpgradeKing.

As configured, I'm maxing out on the hard drive space with a solid-state drive and an Intel I7 quad-core processor, with 2.9GHZ-3.9GHZ speeds.

The RAM is at its default value, with 4GB.

I've been snooping on Amazon for computer components, and was wondering how much RAM could be put into a machine like this?  I've seen memory modules contain up to 128GB of RAM, though I would never go that high.

ComputerUpgradeKing
has a maximum of 16GB of RAM to be installed, but I wanted to install my own.

According to a forum post, I've found that installing a memory module is very simple on this machine.

Do es anyone know if I should be careful as to how much or what type of RAM I'm supposed to be installing in this laptop?

Thanks!

BestRegards,

Luke