Re: Online game in bgt!

I'm not saying you can't.  I'm saying most players.  I have been very careful to use the word most players.
I am on university internet and therefore get 2 or 3 MS to Google who, judging by this number, probably has a datacenter near me.  If you're on a university network, you're most likely on the very backbone of the internet.  If you also ping places that are on the backbone like you are and if they're geographically close, yes, you can get some very impressively low numbers.
But most people aren't on this kind of internet, let alone most blind people.  Most blind people probably don't even have top-of-the line home internet.  And I'm pretty sure that any project you're considering can't afford to buy space in the best datacenter you can find, let alone put a server in every country.  If you plan to be playable around 150-250 MS lag, you'll hit a whole lot of people.  I f you plan to be playable around 30-50 MS lag, you'll hit very few people.  If you geographically limit the game, you will hit few enough people you might as well not bother.
And if you assume you can always and only use unreliable packets for everything, well, meet the people with 75% UDP packet loss for whom you probably have to switch to TCP or purely reliable UDP if they're even going to play at all.
Ping to my VPS in a datacenter in Denver from my highest-end-possible college backbone internet in Florida? 70 MS.  It would not be possible for me to upgrade my internet to this level without inordinate amounts of money if I were in my home.  It would not be possible for me to upgrade the network situation of my server much if at all for likewise inordinate amounts of money.  If you can shell out $100 or so a month, you can get an actual private server in a datacenter and etc, but few of us have that and you'll need another $100 or so a month to get your home internet up to an equivalent in most places.  Some places like Kansas have gigabit internet for reasonable prices, but these are few and far between and they still don't mean that your round-trip time is low.
I'm sorry to disillusion you but yes, if you do this, most players will be a quarter to a half second behind.  Shared timestamps are not possible.  I've looked into that too.  If you do something like SoundRTS it barely matters.  If you do something like Swamp, you need to put all sorts of stuff in place to make sure the game remains playable.  This is where a lot of the cheating that Swamp does in regards to what's synced and what's not comes from.