Re: echo location?

Hi all,
I love this discussion.
I think all blinds in general have some sense of echo location.
The reason, I think it’s about “replacing” somewhat site.
I can hear empty spaces between doors, I can hear and feel people while walking, even if they are not causing noises. I used to ask my bro or my mum sometimes while we go home, when anybody parks the car near my house, “Who’s got that car?”. They get stunned, sure.
In the places where streets are narrow and field with high walls, I can define my location on that street. For example, if two barriers are on both sides of the street, I can find almost exactly which one is closer, like the left side, or the right side.
As some of you stated that this changes when the night comes, I think this is a psychological feeling, rather than an affect on your echo location.
Those senses work at the same progress all the time, like our ears do.
But I do agree that people who became blind lately have a less sense of echo location compaired to those who were born, or lost their site at an early age, like I did when I was just a year and a half.