Re: DiscWorld mud help

With the sad recent news about Sir Terry's meeting with the
reaperman, I thought I ought to investigate this one, just
because it's always been long running and is a game that
has always had notes on it's vi access despite some very
huge areas, and I do want to investigate some more muds
for the db sinse thus far we don't really have many, although
several do have very good customizations for Vi players.
I did find some handy resources on their wiki although thus
far I've not experienced much as I've only just finished the
newbie area (I took the time to get the most out of it), I'm not
even sure which class I want, witch looks interesting in
terms of abilities and activities though apparently levelling
combat as a witch is harder.
So, does anyone else play discworld? the only thing that is
a tad annoying at the moment is the need to type hole
words and get pr etty exact strings. So when I was trying to
find a shortsword in a shop, I couldn't type list short or list
sword.
On the plus side, the writing and atmosphere is great, even
in the newbie village, and I'm highly impresse at the amount
of interactable objects, for example in the first room there is
a cot, and I couldn't just examine the cot and lie on it, but
examine the blanket and the pillow as well. So it seems the
descriptive part has been very well done.
whether I'll end up getting lost in Ankh-morpork we'll see big_smile.