Re: Game cravings...

Hi Dark. Yes, I do agree that some of the concepts of what I've talked about originally have been tried before. The problem is, as someone else said, the duration of these games. The original Papa Sangre, though very involved in its own way, could be beaten in perhaps an hour or two. The NightJar, which had sooooo much potential, I was able to beat in half an hour. Papa Sangre II was an improvement, to be sure. But when you really think about it, none of these games are true survival horror. They are arcade games with horror elements. Other games, like Blind Side, a game I was truly excited about when it came out, turned out to be little more than concept demos that never went anywhere. As for Swamp... As powerful as its campaign scripting is, is simply not designed to be this sort of a game. Its primary goal is to allow you to run around a map, pick up or buy weapons and armor, blow up zombies, improve your stats, and basically survive, by yourself or with other online playe rs. Campaigns give this idea more direction, and a series of events, but they don't really define the game as a whole. I'm looking for a game that's a story. A game with a beginning and an end, and a lovely plot arc in the middle. A game of challenges, puzzles, exploration, survival, strategy, character interaction... No arcade elements. No character leveling or unrealistic stuff like that. A crafting system, sure, one that allows the character to combine material to make new weapons, better health items, more protection... That would be amazing. I dunno, maybe I'm asking for too much? Perhaps. I just can't help but remember all the times when my dad would play the earlier Resident Evil games, or Silent Hill, or Alone in the Dark... And I' be riveted to these games, like watching a thrilling movie, trying to anticipate what happened next, being surprised or scared witless at some of the turns... And when it was done, I was sad, but I was also content, b ecause through my dad's playing I had enjoyed a great story. That is what I wish I could play myself now.