Re: Sloth Mud

I tried this game for a bit. If you play your cards right it's quite easy to get to level 8-9 or so. Then you hit a brick wall.
The pawns on the chessboard drop 400 gold apiece, so levelling isn't too bad if you farm the living hell out of them. There are also a lot more quests than I thought there were at first glance.
However, I hated the rent system, I intensely disliked running out of movement quickly, and I found that levelling became rather painful rather quickly.

Alter Aeon is remotely rom/diku-based. It's customized now, but way back when, it started with rom/diku stuff and still holds little throwbacks to it. I agree that one shouldn't judge a mud by its language, although having said that I do find most LP muds have a ban on qinfo and/or awful syntax issues, both of which I loathe. By all means limit qinfo on public channels, but that's about as far as it ought to go.