Re: BGT confusion

Remember that programs run from top to bottom (kind of, at least in functions anyway).
Your code is running the fleetmenu then commandmenu functions. Execution works something like this.
Running fleetmenu
Running commandmenu (while still in fleetmenu)

So you now have one function running as the previous one is running. When commandmenu stops running, then fleetmenu continues. Fleetmenu has nothing else to do, therefore it exits. Then I imagine this happens all the way back to the main function. When the main function ends, the program exits. I recommend using some form of while loop to prevent this at some level.