little problem with the ATC on Its your plane

Hello guys.
I have a little problem with the ATC window on microsoft flightsimulator 2004 and it's your plane.
I have taken off successfully, and changed my course to the required direction.
Now, the ATC told me that I have to change my squak code. I wanted to aknolletge the command and said recognize to give the tower the read back for the new code.
But strangely, when I said the command, the simulator paused, and the flight plan window popped where I could cancel the flightplan or change some info. I couldnt recognize the command, cause it always went back to the flight plan screen.
Does someone in here play with it's your plane and can tell me what I can do about it?
Greetings Moritz