Re: Monthly chat March 2015

@Mirage, yep, the version I read was the original, apparently they chose to remove the story "way in the middle of the air" because it was felt it was no longer relevant, but as I said, why?

I can highly recommend otherland. The books are city of golden shaddow, rivers of blue fire, mountain of black glass, and sea of silver light, and it's by Tad Williams.

It's actually hard to say what genre it is, sinse on the one hand it is set i the late 21st century an is slightly cyberpunk with the iea of an internet plugged into people's brains, however it also experiments with a lot of story telling types from African folk tales to Conan the barbarian style fantasy adventure. The series revolves around The Otherland network, a virtual reality created which is indistinguishable from reality, and as with most of Williams books gets hugely complex and features multiple characters and plot threads, but is very awsome.

Right now I'm still feel ing fairly dead, so am reading the second sandman slim novel, which is okay as far as guns and violence and one liners go, but not particularly deep or something that will make me think much.

I'm really hoping this bloody infection clears up soon sinse I'm supposed to be at music school in a couple of weeks, indeed this week I need to go and learn some Iver Novello for an audition, but sinse I can barely speak let alone sing and am still farely shattered I'm not sure if that is going to happen.