Unity or other mobile game engines

Hi guys,
Has any of you worked with unity, or any other mobile game engines? I'd like to start seriously making games for android, but I don't want to go the RFOBasic route, it just sounds too non native for me, I'd either go with java or a game engine.

What do you think of this? has any of you tried any gaming engine?

Cheers