Re: new mud; require admins and also, more importantly players!

As I am the head programmer, I'll be accepting ideas as well. Please, please try not to flood me with ideas. The more ideas I get at once, the less willing I will be to implement the features you requested because I wouldn't be able to implement them all at once. Until I fix the Java.Util.PrintSessionWriter package, inputs will be a little tricky (for MUSHclient users). I hope to develop an input() that prints the input prompt before waiting for input. This way, users will know when to type something and when to not to. Of course, I'll have to go through and change all the .Prompt () functions to input(), which could take a while and may cause errors. Do not expect me to start on this immediately, as some reworking of the package is necessary; I might be able to fix it without going through the hassle of doing this. To create an account, follow these steps:

  1. Connect to the game (obron.ddns.net:5555)

  2. Type your account name. This can be whatever you like. There are no restrictions on account names, as they are irrelevant to the games theme and do not matter. The only restrictions on the account names are your character names or existent account names.

  3. Type y or yes. This notifies the game that "Yes, you do want to create the account."

  4. Enter your account password. This cannot be less than 8 characters. Any account password less than 8 characters will be regenerated and emailed to you to notify you of such a change and you will have to reset your password to a secure one.

  5. Enter your email address. This is only used to contact you, but is still required to create an account.

There are probably other steps involved, but that's all I can do at the moment since I'm exporting a world file.
In the future, I hope to:
TECH:

  1. test and debug launch and landing

  2. ShopKeepe r VIEW should give more information about tech items

  3. interacting items of diff tech level might damage each other

  4. personal scanner/tricorder software: mineral scanner, computer interface (with ship perhaps?)!

  5. entry systems for ships (default entry key card, voice code, identifying scanner)

  6. work on automatic component values

  7. make sure shopkeeper item techlevels watch the master tech level

  8. make ship sensor systems

  9. make tractor beam system -- esp important for pirates!

  10. make ship shield systems murder motel again -- some good against phasers, some torpedos, some lasers

  11. make ship phaser, laser systems murder motel again

  12. make ship torpedo launchers and torpedo containers

  13. make ship impulse and warp engines

  14. make ship dampeners

  15. damaged systems should sometimes require random parts, from particular ma nufacturers, that repair respects

  16. finish main ship software for controlling all this stuff

  17. add electronics to guides, how to make a ship, how to build space, etc, details about tech

  18. add electronics to MG

  19. add spaceobject stuff to MG

  20. add spaceobject mapper system to MG

  21. keep reviewing and updating the GameOverview.html doc

NON-TECH:

  1. Wants and Needs engine - similar to slavery system

  2. Start on Spells

  3. RandomQuests based off the Percolator engine -- a way to randomly generate different quests.

  4. Create Magi Robes(or whatever you wanted to call them) that would enhance his/her magic of their chosen field.

  5. retest private libs, private dbtables, private classes, private area objects, private players

  6. Finish Player Simulator -- the Perpetual Project

  7. Ongoing 1.4 templat e compat: Drop.java, Get.java, Wield, Follow, AutoAffects, Equipment, Inventory, Wealth, Read, Wear, Wield

  8. Clan Calendar system, that can use mud and rl dates, for scheduling things. Might send reminders -- based on journaling system of course.

  9. Lich Phylactery -- acts as a recall beacon, but only during death. If the Phylactery is destroyed then the lich loses xp and must construct a new one,
          undergoing the ritual all over again. However if they have a phylactery when they die they do not lose experience but they do have to wait until their
          corperal body is remade, giving them a waiting period in an incorporeal state.

Of course, I'll only do this if Bo Zimmerman doesn't do it before me. smile
I also, of course, intend to fix the input calls and things like that so Java.Util.PrintS essionWriter.println() and the associated functions actually print to the client and don't wait until return is pressed.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : speeder via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : speeder via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : speeder via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector