Re: Aardwolf mud

I have noticed the area disparity, although thus far the only really cohesive fantasy themed muds I've seen has been Clok and Materiamagica (which I've always run into other issues with), so Aardwolf doesn't bother me much in that respect and it's no worse than say alteraeon.

Actually, the gear thing I don't mind because I've never particularly enjoyed minimaxing gear in games. it always seems rather sillyy and to take you out of the game, after all I don't think rreal crusading knights would sit around and decide whether their good quality iron gauntlets were better than their poor quality spiked bronze gauntlets :d. So, I actually don't mind lack of gear in this respect.

With goals we'll see. Thus far I only ran into one absolutely serious guess the syntax problem, which was me over thinking sinse the hint read "hold the orb and expose the distortion" but I couldn't find any distortion and in the end it tu rned out I just needed to type "expose"

apparently there has been a drive to get out of guess the syntax puzzles, so whether the digging issue you mentioned is fixed I don't know, I'd also check the wiki sinse while it doesn't actually have propper solutions it occasionally does have hints in the comments on each goal,. Also with other players I haven't run into the problem you mention, when I had to find two campaign mobs in the giant's pet store and couln't get in someone else teleported over and gave me the key I needed sinse they'd already finished the quest in that area and for some reason what I was doing to get the key didn't work.

As I said, i'll give the game a try, and I do find myself quite surprised with how interesting an over all combat fest is.