google plus notifications no longer accessible on pc?

high.  I'm having a problem getting the google plus notifications on my pc.
normally, on youtube, if you only navigate by form field (F, for all the major screen readers other than maybe window-eyes), after the guide button, there should be a button displaying the number of unread notifications.
THis button is no longer showing up at all and so I can't get jaws to read my unread notifications. this affects internet explorer, google chrom and Mozilla firefox.
between this and the accessibility breaking update to android 4.4 (which I can't confirm as I am an iOS user only), I think google doesn't care about ccessibility anymore.
is there a way to fix this?
also, is there a standalone google plus app that is accessible?