Re: Audio Game Console Sonus Interactive

I find if you're going to make a console, that's great, but a console is just that, a console. It's what is used to play the game. If you are talking about making a game in which you can take it with you on it's own console that's another thing. I feel that narration doesn't make or break a game. There's plenty of games I played when I was able to see when the narration sucked, but the game play and designed was amazing. I think if you have an amazing story, but all you have to do to advance in the game is press a button here, or select an option here, that's not really an audio game, that's more like an audio choose your own adventure story, which is good in it's own way, but we've several of those already, and to be honest I don't enjoy them personally. Self voicing versus text to speech is a tough one, but honestly I prefer text to speech, most of the time the games I play that are self voiced are poorly done, and lack information, it's also far more time consuming than if you were to just write up what you want. I also agree with keys, sound effects are the best feature of audio games, and not only because they convey more information, but because they leave a lot to the player's imagination. I think game play and good sound effects are what make a good game. If many of you remember when RTR first started out and it had those awful sounds to begin with, when I heard that I was like this is horrible, and then after he updated them I was like ohmygod this is amazing. I might've been the only one with that in my head, but as we all know it's a pretty freakin awesome game now. Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaronp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaronp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sneak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aaronp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector