Re: Mortal Kombat x officially announced!

Ok.  So a lot of stuff's happened that hasn't been covered on here.  Where do I start...

Even though people have been spoiling the game for a while now, I've managed to keep out of the way of the majority of it - as far as I can recall I've only heard one spoiler.  Even then, that was a minor detail in the grand scheme of things.

The final pre-launch Kombat Kast, dubbed "The Final Kountdown", was one of the most solid ones for a while I think because they just stuck to fights and character breakdowns.  However, it still puzzles me that they haven't solved the mystery of the gameplay output being in mono.  Part of me thinks that noone's noticed... This would be interesting as they focus on sound a fair amount in the game development process and you'd think they'd want to show that off in all its gory glory.  They've probably tweaked a setting or two and that's thrown it all out tho ugh, that's a likely explanation at least.

You can find it
here
but as usual it takes a while to start up.  Also, a word in advance: don't just stop listening after the belt fights: there's more.  That's all I'll say.

Additionally, the steam unlock is apparently scheduled for midday U.s rather than a Midnight launch like the console versions, as shown in
this reddit thread
.  All I can say is I'm glad I've ordered the console version as well as PC.

So whose going to be maining who for MKX and variations etc?  I don't mind if you don't have a conclusive answer, just want to get a feel for the amount of different characters people are likely to play.