Re: A Modern Day Comparison of JAWS and NVDA

I am a jaws user and don't think I'd go for NVDA. The reason, is not only that one everybody used to mention, "I'm used to use jaws and I'm not willing to change", but I find it working faster than NVDA and with some good features. Especially Jaws 16, has an improved speed in comparison to previous version. Indeed the speed of navigating was only one of the changes I could notice since my first time of use. I think that both screen readers should be more powerful and responsive. For example, when a program crashes on your system and it takes up a lot of memory, it might prevent them from working. This occurs in Jaws and NVDA, certainly NVDA, makes the worst offence when the synthesizer keeps speeking without ever thinking to stop until you force close it.