Re: Help us develop accessible games full-time!

Grail to the thief is extremely funny and with some definitely well used affects and ambience, so I  could see  some good things coming from the company with 100 K, particularly because my one complaint about Grail to the thief from a sound and production standpoint was that it's rather obvious the same actor is playing about five different parts.

I will confess the writing of the actual puzzles part of the game I was less sure of, particularly sinse the game rather makes it a little too easy to win depending upon what choices you take, but this was as I understand a conscious decision made in the planning of the game, not due to actual bad writing.

Though I do disagree with the assumption that just because the developers were going for a cyoa style setup that equals an easy,  literally unloseable game, (anyone who has played any of the choiceofgames or hosted games titles knows that is not the case).

Given the good use of sounds in Grail to the thief and the fact that Foralltoplay have been very well advertised outside the audiogames community, I'd actually be interested to see what they could do with something realtime and a deal more complex such as an action game. Not that there is anything wrong with audio adventures (indeed my only complaint with Gttt on that score was the unloseability), however there is a perception among the general sighted gaming public that an audio game must either be a streight text game with descriptions, or must be some sort of rather slow museum tour style affair with no real challenge.

Blind swordsman, Somethinelse and several other games which have had a wider audience have definitely challenged these assumptions, (so would games like Swamp or Shades of doom if more sighted people played them, but we all know that debate), however when dealing with monolythic cultural sterriotypes the more smacks at assumptions the better, and indeed if Foralltoplay did get a 100 K grant a nd then developed a complex audio game, it'd be a great way to further shake some assumptions and get audio into the public eye, ---- or ear as it were.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : foralltoplay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : foralltoplay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : foralltoplay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : foralltoplay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : AppleKhmer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : foralltoplay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : foralltoplay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : johnnyto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : foralltoplay via Audiogames-reflector