Re: Survive the Wild!

Hi there.

  Sam, I like the way fishing is handled. It adds something else to be aware of other than your character's thirst. However, I feel that, with the with the added responsibility of fishing that I seem to be spending all of my time cooking fish and gathering more. Gathering the fish is no problem, but the process for cooking them seems kind of tedious in my opinion. I no longer have time to do anything else, since by the time I gather 10 fish, cook them all, and eat them, I need to go do it again to ensure my hunger doesn't hit 1000, and the cycle continues. I have a few suggestions that I hope you'll consider.

  First, perhaps the addition of a skillet. If  we made a skillet, we could throw all of the fish we are carrying in it, then cook them all it once, but perhaps it would take twice as long? I'm finding it kind of difficult to think of some materials to make the skillet, but perhaps some metal from the city, clay, and wo od? I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas off of the top of my head.

  The second thing I thought of was the ability to eat raw fish, kind of like sushi? Although I would personally never even consider eating sushi in real life, perhaps my character would like some. Maybe you could make it so that you could eat the raw fish, but it would only give you half of the hunger amount that a cooked fish would? Or perhaps you could add seaweed over by the pond, and you could prepare a sushi-type meal without the use of a fire as a cooked fish alternative?

  I'm just trying to think of ways that hunger would still be an important part of the game, but not take away from a person's ability to explore and do other things. I hope you like something I've suggested here, but if not, that's fine too. Maybe it'll give you some other ideas.

  I'm done rambling now, but I wanted to say that this is an awesome game you have here. Thanks for your work on it and for allowing us to play

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : thetruegamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musical professor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musical professor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darth scorp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : darth scorp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector