Re: Question about Malwarebytes

@Dark, to answer your question specifically about Malwarebytes no it does not do antivirus. It is mainly a tool for finding and removing spyware, adware, and other non-virus forms of malware. So for that reason I would highly recommend it in addition to any antivirus protection one has on their computer.

As for antivirus that is something of a catch 22 these days. As already been said finding good antivirus software, especially if one is a screen reader user, is highly problematic.

A lot of the well known antivirus programs Norton, Micafee, Avast, etc simply are not accessible. Regardless of how good or bad they are it is pretty much useless to us if we can't access it.
Others like Microsoft's Security Essentials is fully accessible but comes with its own problems. One its protection is so/so. It is definitely better than none, but I've read is not as good as some other antivirus solutions. In any case accessibility aside MSE only runs on modern ver sions of Windows so isn't even an option for someone running XP which can be a problem as well.

So I'm not really sure what to recommend since I have been looking at antivirus solutions for a while and haven't found I would prefer myself let alone recommend it for other VI users. So you might have to deal with AVG for a while until a good alternative appears.