Re: Survive the Wild!

samtupy1 wrote:

Hello, everyone. I wanted to tell you about something that i've been wanting to do for a while now for the ghood of the game. I want to recode my inventory and item system. This would allow things like... notes, you could get a revolver with 6 bullets instead of one, pots would have to dry, all items would have descriptions, things could have real names, etc. I know how I would do it but heres the thing. It would reset all inventories to default, and that's whare i'm concerned. I can give people there things sometime but the new inventory system will be incompadible with the old one so reseting inventories would be a must. You could drop pots with water in them, etc etc etc, it would add so so much more possibility to the game, and this is why I never wanted to release this early in the first place. I am leaning twards doing it but I don't want people to get angry about an inv reset. What do you say. We all sacrophise our inventories for the games greater good? Or we keep our inventories and not have half the features I was ploanning to add and things i've gotten from ideas. Like for example, Justin T, also known as bones on stw recommended stew, and instantly a million ideas popped into my mind. I mean folks, what if... what if we could take verious food items, water mixxed with fish mixxed with all other things, amagin what that could do. You could make a stew that makes people gag from the offle taste, you could make a stew that was very filling and awesome then trade it for things, etc. I could make it so you could write notes, send messages in boddles down the stream, etc with the new inventory system I want to put in place. But like I said, it would kill everyones inventories. What do you say...

Hi Sam,
I firstly want to congratulate you on your game, it has been a great experience for the passed six weeks that I've been playing it. Although I have noticed serious lag with this latest update, the fishing has been fun.
As far as the inventory system is concerned, your ideas make perfect sense. Some of the items are not well labeled, others don't have descriptions, which could help determine how to best use them, and the water evaporating from the pots would add even more realism to the game. I would also like to make a few suggestions. Since we already can carve wood and make shafts, it would be great if that shaft could be the foundation for many new weapons. For example, you could craft a long shaft, add the branch, and use the knife to cut a tip at the end of the branch to make a spear, which would be used to hunt game, or fight other players from longer distances. You could even design the spear so that it could be both swung like a knife and thrown as a projectile, which could do as much damage as an arrow from ten tiles away. I also find that cutting trees down with a small knife is time-consumi ng, which would be much better done with an axe. The axe could also be a more effective melee weapon.
Hopefully, these suggestions can give you even more ideas to think about. So far, this game has been more fun than I imagined it would be and keep up the progress.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : neo_anderson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : chris17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LadyJuliette via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sswwaaiikkee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : eagalon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dzsoker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTR_Assassin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pokeboss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTR_Assassin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : chris17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pokeboss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTR_Assassin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector