Re: Beatstar pro is finally here!

@Ogomez92:
I definitely appreciate the time and effort you've put into this complex game, it's good to see things in essence catching up to the mainstream gaming scene.  However, I have a few things to run by you that I feel are very worthy of note for fixing/investigating in the infuriating insect department:

  • The first and most important thing is pricing of the mini games.  10000 beatcoins, for some (myself included until I had a very fortunate brainwave that saved me from hours of pointless grinding) is a lot of beatcoins for some people.  I believe this should be lowered to 5000, the Beatball game to 7000 and the BeatBoxing game to 10000.  This would make the games far more affordable and provide the player with a choice of whether to buy a soundpack or the games, something that I feel is sorely needed here.

  • The difficulty of beatboxing's final level is a gigantic leap from level 9.  I can consisten tly get to level 10, but level 10's AI, subjectively speaking, crosses the line between a good challenge and an impossible, rage enducing element that is pointless to even attempt.  If this could be scaled down to be more in line with the rest of the levels, maybe with a slight decrease in the enemy's health to compensate for the insane amount of blocking, that would be most appreciated.

  • The volume of music used in packs (both menus and levels) is altered by the windows volume of beatstar.exe.  I've never seen this in any other application.  This means that any pack I make cannot be submitted due to quiet menus, quiet levels and apack creater that doesn't check the integrity of the pack (whether files like Win.ogg and fail.ogg are present for example, instead just compiling it anyway.

  • Allowing different settings to be manually cleared - this includes the donation tracker (I pressed the don't donate but ton as I wasn't sure exactly what the donate button would do at the time), but I still wanted the achievement for clicking donate which I now can't get.  See scrolling battles for how this could be easily achieved.

I know these might be complicated to rectify, but as good as the game is, I really think that these bugs should be fixed first, as it would make the experience less frustrating and more like the game when it was first released - a more fun partially casual experience that makes grinding far less of a chore than it is now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musical professor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Stevie-3 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musical professor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musical professor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musical professor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Midi Sequencer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Midi Sequencer via Audiogames-reflector