Re: Which SSH client should I be using?

I guess you could try Cygwin, that might work better with NVDA. PuTTY has these issues and there is an alternative called Teraterm, which works but has other issues. I tend to either just ssh in from linux itself, or just hook up a braile display to the machine if I have physical access to it, like a VM, and just work with speech and braille in the VM itself. It really depends on what I am doing at that particular moment.
The notion of never, ever, editing config files over SSH is frankly quite ridiculous, there will be loads of times you might be required to do that, for all sorts of reasons. Editing config files on Windows is asking for trouble unles you make sure you use an editor that actually doesn't mess with the formatting and doesn't insert windows-style line endings, that might screw up some applications...
Balliol

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : balliol via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : the_ruler_of_dark_forces via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kyle12 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : neo_anderson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : serrebi via Audiogames-reflector