Re: Announcing release of Yellowbonnet from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Given that this entire name conversation is taking place on a forum called audiogames.net, I find the entire objection to the name silly.  Marketing targets the market it wants.  Black Entertainment Television, here in the U.S. was not targeted at Latinos or Asians or Caucasians.  GuideDog, while it will eventually include other material, and was picked by Dentin for both connotations of the word, has an obvious connection to the blind community.  Finally, if associating an organization or a company with the blind automatically disqualifies it, then those of you in the U.S. benefitting from the Americans with Disabilities Act should refuse to accept accomodations based on the fact that that law was achieved, partially through the efforts of the American Council for the Blind and the National Federation for the Blind as well as a number of other organizations who represent other disabilities.  I don't expect anyone to give me handouts, but I don't look to buy a white cane at a sporting goods store called the Bird's Eye View either.

While my personal views are abundantly clear from the above, one thing I'd like to suggest is that this discussion of whether GuideDog is an appropriate name for a service that currently at least caters to the blind gaming community go to another thread.  It's (at least to me, and admittedly, I'm biased) very subsidiary to a discussion of Yellowbonnet and its merits or faults as a game.

Thanks, and take care,

The VGA Executive Staff