Re: Very disappointed by some people

This is not meant to take away from anyone's bad experiences in school, but if it is any help, such abuse is pretty much handed out to everyone, sighted or blind.

I went to a particularly bad high school for the first 2 years of high school, and I saw things far worse than anything described here.  To give just 1 example, in our crowded hallways we were shoulder to shoulder like cattle during places where they bottle necked.  I never saw the person's face, but as my stream of students squeezed passed the stream going in the other direction I saw someone with something shiny in their hand, down by their side.  He slashed it as he went past and I just happened to be the unlucky one in the group.  He had slashed my left wrist with a razor blade, and it bled for at least an hour in my next class.  That sort of stuff was common enough that no one really even asked much about it, and there was no need for me to even tell anyone of authority.  ; I just held paper towels on it, and wrapped it in tape.  I still faintly have the scar.

Abusive people are abusive to anyone they can be.  Blind or sighted, "normal" or not, I don't even think they see people like that.  Everyone is a target the moment it can be gotten away with.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hhurstseth405 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector