Re: Announcing release of Yellowbonnet from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Jeremy here again:

SLJ,

Assuming we didn't break anything merely starting the game will update it when new files are available.  The game will say new update available downloading files and then pause for a while.  It should give a report of progress in terms of percent completed.  Aaron can correct me if I'm inaccurate in any of the major details here.

As to the ammo command you're right a will track that.  As to switching weapons.  We considered that as an option, but, in the interests of simplicity we decided to have the game use your best (i.e. most damaging) weapon first.  This does mean sometimes you're using the revolver when it might not be as advantageous to do so.  I think there's two ways of looking at that though:

Even a rattlesnake, one of the weaker critters on game can do some damage.  The revolver can often kill this beastie in one hit.  If you do so, yes, you have to go b uy more ammunition if you want a full cylinder, but you've avoided damage.

Or:

You wasted a bullet on a critter that isn't really worth it.

Just as a note in this regard, bullets are 1 dollar each.  Medicine is 3 and surgery is 12.  For certain settings the revolver is always a better choice to my way ofthinking.  However, that said, as I noted in an earlier post, the tough hombre is probably better off with the night stick, knife, or scalpel.  I'm going to copy and paste my section on items from the documentation update here to help explain this possibly a little more clearly.

Thanks again for the questions and feedback.  We appreciate it all.  While we don't always agree for either code reasons, game design reasons, or philosophical reasons with all points brought up here, we value your input and feedback.

Take care,

Jeremy

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector