Re: A Modern Day Comparison of JAWS and NVDA

@GeneWarner
I think all should be treated the same, both you who use windows 7, vista or XP, and all the others who use windows 8.1, windows 10, or whatever version of windows up to 8.1. Believe me, mouse is needed. Metro apps need mouse support, although they could update them with some shortcuts and everything would be fine for all.

@Fly by, ciao!
The point that jaws is oversized doesn't stand so much. Gone are the days when we used harddisks built in 15 or 30 GB. Most modern computers will come with 200, 320 or 500 GB of memory, and 120 MB doesn't cost so much I think. Remember that if you download a good voice of those from Nuance, they will vary from 250 to 400 MB, which is almost twice as size of Jaws. I will agree that the mirror driver causes some problems to your system's screen, but at least is stronger than the one of NVDA. When an action is in progress and it provides percentage, like when you install a program, or when you copy files, ja ws will handle it better and you can do another job in your computer. While NVDA Will face problems doing this. This happens to my copy of NVDA.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : flyby chow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector