Re: AudioRTS Demo

Well, thats not good.

The black screen isn't unusual, since the Demo actually doesn't have any graphics, although I could put them in if people prefer. I have a feeling this has something to do with loading the resources, I was having a hard time packing the damned *.exe right before posting it. I've unpacked the audio and adjusted the resource loader, and updated the link above to the latest version.

@Giovani
Access_Error: 3498 - Response Not Valid.

@Victorious
A learn sounds option? You can check what each tile is by pressing the "Tilde" key (just below the escape key), or do you mean a more involved tutorial to include the interface sounds?

@Dark
The system actually functions like Sighted RTS's, but with clicking pitch audio queue's for positioning. Its my hope that given time people can build a mental map of the area and use the positioning system to help locate specific points. The minimap is something I also have to work abit on, need to put it into stereo and adjust the rendering so that players can tell where the view window is.

#Tikki
Heh, took me awhile, most of the audio is from Public Domain sources, with some Audacity and SFXR work thrown in. Don't really have the equipment for making my own sounds just yet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tikki via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mohammad///obid via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector