the star charting guide for dmnb

Star charting on dmnb is the process of probing for previously unexplored and undiscovered planets in space.
Why would I want to star chart?
For one, if you've always wanted your own colony, or wanted to run your own inter steller empire, this is one of the few  ways you can do it.
For 2, the deep space planets discovered offen have extremely high mineral counts, allowing for massive planet cracking operations and an easy way to make mega millions.
Lastly, these planets are quite useful if you want to do some building, as menny of them contain an extremely high amount of resources.
To start, i'd suggest a lightspeed capable ship. After all, who wants to explore in a light freighter? If you can aford it, i'd suggest the lockheed cruiser. It has grate speed, acceleration, and awsome sensor range. You need a ship with at least 20000 or more sensor range in order to look for your own discoverys.
So assuming you have got your ship, and your on the bridge. We'll start by heading to a console that accepts navigational maneuvers. Using the navigation function, undock your vessel and prepare to head out into deep space.
I offen like to star chart in empty space, so that other peoples planets don't get in the way, this also reduces the risk of your planet being shot at and blown up by automated space pirates and evil players who like spending time in deep space being pirates.
For this exampple, we'll head to 41000000 41000000 41000000. I know that seems far, just wait until you get a hold of a transwarp capable ship and you'll be saying that's just a ride across the street!
Assuming you've arrived, use the sensors function if your console has one. Select probe for planets.
Now sit back, and let the magic machine do its automated work as it trys to seek out planets.
When its done, you'll be given the results of your find.
OK, so I got a planet. What do I d o with it.
First off, you'll want to see if its a landable planet. You can do this in 2 ways.
1, use your sensors and scan the planet, and look at the number of docks it has. If it is 0, its a non livible planet and you'll need to keep trying. If it is 1, set a course and prepare to beam to the surface!
2, the more easy way to do it, take a look at the result you got at the end of your probe scan. If it just says, their is a new planet located near our position or some such thing like that, then it means that this planet isn't livible. However, if you got something like a number, for exampple 10, then possible landing site identified, it means its landable. If you got their are no planets in this sector, keep probing again, you'll eventually pick up some.
The number before possible landing site identified refers to the number of mineral pockets on the surface of the planet that planet crackers have access too. If you want to see just how much, and just how ritch it will make a planet cracker, move towards the planet and survey it from orbit.
I'm not at all happy with this world. Its covered in water or their arn't enough resources.
Offen times, I come across worlds I don't like, purely for lack of resources or just don't like in general, if this is the case, its time to try probing again.
OK, i've found a world I like, and i'm going to liv on it or at least name it.
Good, to go about doing this, head to the planet in your ship and select chart and name current object on sensors. Enter a name with out spaces, and you'll be right as new to continue on your way.
Can I make a starsystem out of these planets that i'm charting?
Good question. And yes, you can. Forming a starsystem is quite easy, simpply choose a spot, probe until you find the suitable number of planets you like in this system, and then select set current area as starsystem on sensors. Enter a system name, and now your system will be viewable to all on the long range star charts.