a suggestion for the other forum rooms

Hi all,
I was browsing through the forums recently, and since I haven't been here in a while, I decided to scroll a few pages back, and found a few closed topics which honestly I felt were really out of hand and were closed for good reason. I'm curious as to why we keep topics which were closed for flame wars and the like around. If I were a moderator, I could maybe understand keeping such topics around to notice the behavior of a problematic member. I could also maybe see closed topics being around as a record of what happened as opposed to just deleting it and acting as if it never existed. Even so I find such discussions pretty unhealthy. Had they been in my private social media, they'd be gone as soon as possible, from my immediate view anyway. I wouldn't want to remember such discussions. I'm not just saying this in reference to the recent heated discussions we've had on the forum, but they have gotten me thinking about this. Of course it� 39;s easy to skip the closed topics, and since they're closed, they won't receive any more replies and will just move further back in the archives. I'm perfectly fine with that and am not complaining in this topic, I'm just asking out of curiosity if perhaps deleting some of these topics would be better, as then other people don't have to see potentially ugly things. Or would that cause more problems?