Re: The Imhotep Labyrinth as a Game of Vision

Hi Dark.
Thanks for your interest and your questions.
Well, you can't go out on the mainstream market and buy a totally accessible game with Braille cards. Not that I know about. This is the special thing with The Imhotep Labyrinth. For accessible board games, we either have to buy it specially made for blind in a special shop, or we have to label it with Braille or tactile things.
Now, I don't know many board games, but can you come up with at leased one other game, where you can adjust the difficulty level from three years old blind kits and up to an older gamer which wants a very complex game?
Yes you are playing equally if you have an accessible version of chess with both Braille or other tactile markings and normal pictures etc. which sighted people can use as well. At leased here in Denmark, you can't buy this in normal shops, but you have to label things on your own, if you wanna avoid having a special game made for blind only, or for sigh ted people only. But if you can get such games, yes, you are playing equally.
I'll try my best to describe how to play the game:
the stones needs to be placed randomly, so the arrows are pointing in different directions. Otherwise there wouldn't be any point of playing the game, if all the arrows were pointing in the same directions. smile
You roll the die, which shows an arrow which for example points to the left. Now, you have to take your figure from the stone, and move it to the left, only if the arrow points to the left. If the arrow points to the left, you have to continue moving your figure to the left, until there is a stone, which points into an other direction. If you bump into an other players figure, you have to pass this stone and keep moving. When you can't move because of an other direction or if you reach the end of the game board, this is the ot her players turn. For the die part, the game is just as simple as that, but can be challenging depending on how many stones you have chosen to use on the game board.
Regarding the cards, well, I'm not 100% sure on that, but I'll ask the others in the team to be sure. Here is how it should work:
You draw a card, which can tell you to move a random amount of numbers in a chosen direction, it can tell you to move in the oppersit direction, it can tell you that the other player should move his figure back, to move it forward or something simular. When you combine all those choices with the die, things can be interesting.
I don't know that much about the cards, since I'm pretty new in this project, but I'll ask the others in the team so I can come up with some better answers regarding to this.
Regarding to trying the actual game or the prototype, there might be a minimal chance that some of us from the team will travel to the UK in the future. We are working together with a guy from the UK, who have made the speech to our movie. If some of us are going to meet up with him, we might be able to arrange that people can try our prototype. I'll ask the team about this as well.
Funny that you are mentioning online gameplay. We have talked about making an online version of the game in the future, depending how the project goes. I would be interested in an online version my self, since I don't live with someone to play with. We have just briefly talked about an online version, but we haven't went into detailes yet.
I'm not sure what you mean about a move notation. Do you mean a special paper used to write your movements? We have talked about writing or mentioning the movements in coordinates like in chess, so it's easier to track the other players movements. 64 stones can be pretty crowded on the board, so it will be easier to use coordinates or something simular instead of being forced to orie ntate you on the board each time the player have made a move. smile
I hope I've answered your questions? More questions and comments are very much welcome.