Re: all about food!

Hi,

Very nice topic indeed. My favourite foods are:
1. Rice. Tastes absolutely beautiful, especially when Mum cooks it. The best in Urfa is Firik Pilav. My Father and Mother can both make it.
2. Meet. Especially when it's fried. Roasted chicken is also one of the best foods you could get. Tawuk Sote is also good. Someone Turkish please translate that into English for me.
3. Lahmajun. I can't remember the recipe so if anyone knows, please forward it to the discussion. Basicly you wrap up meet and salad into a role. The slices are really small. They can be very  spicey, or they are not/. Spicey ones are good because they are healthy for your body. Essencially, they make your blood less sugary, reducing the risk of misketos attacking you in the night. It might burn you but trust me my friend you'll feel strong. Just make sure not to get a too spicey one otherwise you might cry. And that's not an insult, that is actually true. Once we boug ht food in Turkey and it was so peppery that my Brother was crying because it hurts a lot!
3. Adana. Another turkish food. I actually don't know how to describe it but you should deffenitly try it out. It's this long meety thing. If you go to Durrum - not Durham in Saudi, by the way, then you can buy it.
4. We call it arap tawasi in Turkish. I really don't know how to describe it. In english it translates to arab dish, but I don't think it's actually from Arabs. If you go to a Turkish restaurant just ask and you'll love it.
Chocolate cake is also nice. Kunefe ttatli is also good. If you do vacation in Urfa, you'll taste it. See thing in England is when you get turkish sweets like Baklava, it's cold. However in Turkey you'll first get it nice  and hot. They love to add a lot of sugar in Urffa though compared to England so do eat sparingly! Seriously, the stuff here will energise you if you feel out of comition. Persona lly, I think the way food produced in Turkey is much better than the food in England, ffor example if you live in rural areas. For example, they make Lahmajun in London, and it's good, but the quality is knowhere the level of Birecik Lahmajun, because we produce organicly. I'm not saying in England there isn't organic food but in rural areas it is very easy to come by and in places like Istanbul it is very hard.
Best regards,
Thunderfist.