Re: Q9 Has a New Home

Hello,
@gean: On the one hand, yes there are those who have purchased the game, and who have keys and such, and as you've said, there are also those who haven't purchased the game who will now be annoyed. However, you are missing another point, a third wheel.
What happens if someone forgot to back up their key? Yes you can say they've had long enough to do that, but there are also those who are new to tech, who might not know about backups. The only thing they'll be able to turn to then is piracy, because I do not even know if they have the ability to get new keys for themselves. This is the trouble with this community we rely too much on a name and key system, or even worse, hardware IDs that make it harder to get replacement keys due to developers not responding. Sure, we could take registration names and keys out all together, but if we do that, then what will happen? People will just give out the full version of the product to everyone else.