Re: Mac questions

Obviously the only sure way to know if it would work is to test the apps/pages themselves in OS X, however I'm pretty certain what you're talking about is just mouse manipulation and that's supported. MouseOver works; in fact you can have the mouse pointer move with the VO cursor and thus automatically trigger them, which is what I do all the time. For links, both title and link text are accessible and I have my preferences announce both for maximum coolness (text first, followed by title, kicks arse on Wikipedia). Then as TechMaster says you have arbitrary movement with a trackpad which you should get. Most of the time if the object is custom-drawn then you won't get anything except the fact that it is there, because unless they have implemented ARIA that's all the information available. VO will just see it as text, but you'll presumably know that it's a clickable object and click it yourself. Sometimes if VO can detect the event then it may act ually declare it as clickable, in which case the default action command (VO-space) should work.

Insert+F12 in NVDA/JAWS is to tell the time, but I don't set up a key for that since it's right there in the status area (VO-M-M).

If you're still interested in trying Chrome and ChromeVox then we could probably get you going with that, however it's still quite a jump and the CV code is under quite active development, so the experimental stuff isn't actually in use yet. So I'd say, if it's just for Flash, it's a bit of a last resort. If push comes to shove and you have to use IE still on some broken site, well we could always employ the WiPOS hack to get it at least patched up enough for that.