Re: begining programming

@Milos, what you want to do is very possible. Being blind is no hindrance to developing software. I'm blind myself and I have been programming games and other software for over 15 years or so.

As far as writing text based games you can pretty much use any programming language you want. In fact, there are some languages such as Inform where specifically designed for text based games. It all depends upon what else you hope to accomplish with the language, and how complex a language you are willing to learn. I'd say there is no right or wrong answer to the question of which language to learn and use other than if you are comfortable with it and it does what you want it to do.

That said, might I suggest starting with Python. Python is a very straight forward programming language and uses spacing and formatting to define blocks of code rather than using braces, brackets, semi-colons, etc like you would find in C,, or Java. Its a nice minimalist language but is ver y powerful. Plus I find it especially nice for banging out a quick text based game or two when I'm in the mood. So you may want to give Python some thought if your needs aren't too complicated.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arbuz via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector