Re: The rules of good discussion, please read

You can certainly tell a lot from hearing movements etc, though the emotional sense I speak of is not exactly that, sinse I can't usually point to a cause, though it's certainly true none of this exists on the net.
The main problem communication wise I find funnily enough isn't specifically telling what people are feeling, but actually initiating conversation in the first place especially in crowded environments because of bloody eye contact! So many instant judgements are made about you if you can't do eye contact it's unbelievable and there is a ridiculous amount of culture riding on it, indeed the entire club culture and socialization in environments where the ambient noise level makes conversation impossible is based on eye contact, not to mention the hole business of getting served in a bar or a shop or restaurant, initiating conversations with strangers etc. There are so many psychological experiments where people find those who don't make eyecontact instantly untrustworthy or the like, it's basically an instant social judgement against you which people make even before you have spoken to them, not even based on disability, just based on something you can't do, indeed it's interesting when I compared experiences to a friend of mine who is in a wheel chair and the sort of attitudes and instant acceptance she got were %100 different from my usual status as something to be ignored and avoided.

Sometimes I think blind people should ware hats saying "I can't make eye contact but I'm still a human being don't ignore me" accept that that would inevitably have the opposite affect from what is desired, so yes, I hate eye contact, or at least I hate the fact that so many judgements are instantly made against you because you can't do it, indeed it's sort of amusing that most people when questions would say "yes, it's good to treat disabled people properly" a nd then will still ignore you because of lack of sodding eye contact.