Re: SoundRTS Modified AI Project

This is great news!

The AI has steadily been getting worse as more things are added to Crazymod, probably because of the increased amount of possible parameters that came with it, which makes playing games with the AI E.G. the large majority of them, since finding people to play with online and setting up a server correctly aren't always easy... not very fun or challenging at all, which is a real shame since we have all these great new maps and races.

Sometimes AI's will send 1 soldier after another after another at the same heavily defended position, seemingly learning nothing while doing little at all to build up their armies or infrastructure, other times they will just find a big goldmine or forest and exploit that the entire time instead of setting up automated defenses or forward scouts of any kind, and sometimes they will waste time building loads of town halls for no apparent reason, in some maps, several on the same square, while neglecti ng to build up any kind of attack force, or even building the structures necessary to start one, and they will never use true scouting tactics to avoid detection while circling an enemies positions to gain more information like a player wood, or use any of the multitude of skills, spells, and effects that make each race unique, though that's probably not in the programming at all at this point.

I understand that SoundMud hasn't been on the scene for a long time, and that the AI documentation is quite sparse so Praggma probably hasn't focused on it  allot, so I don't blame either of them for this issue very much , but it's still really good to know that someone is actually working on it, since the focus right now is on long needed new features and slight modifications for performance and ease of use, and not, unfortunately, the effectiveness of the AI, though this I hope may change that.

I gave you a thumbs up and I can't wai t to see this new AI in action!