Re: Copter Mission, new helicopter game by Oriol Gómez released!

Hey Oriel, thumbs up for releasing V2.0!

In most ways, I quite like this new update, the game play feels more intuitive, it seems like there is more ammo, maybe even a bit too much but I need to play more to be sure, and the engine RPM being based on your HP is a  really nice touch too!

However I do have to say that I'm not a fan of the food and water system, it doesn't make allot of sense in my mind, and it's a pain to keep track of 2 values at once, I wish it was something that made a bit more sense like fuel, but I do like the new mode over all, even though it starts out quite fast...  Especially those missiles! smile

I'm also not sure that such a high point penalty for missing bonus items is a good idea, I'm thinking that it should be halved to -250, especially when you take into account that you also lose 1HP, which is something that I do like, and also that hitting a building takes away currently takes away just as many points.
I could be alone on this though, only time will tell. wink

I noticed 1 small error in the documentation...  there are two sections titled 3.8. but that's obviously not an important issue, I just thought you might want to know...  Probably happened when you were modifying the Readme to reflect the recent changes, which was nice of you to remember by the way, (happy) allot of people don't think of it when a major update comes so soon after the game's initial launch, diddo for the inclusion of the changelog and scoreboard reset.

Still hoping for a speaker test, since even though I have my own on my desktop that I created my self do to the sound design that I do sometimes, allot of people would have to go all the way to the speaker tester through the windows sound application to make sure of correct positioning, if they even knew how, which most people don't.  It also gives you another excuse to make an amusing skit!  tongue

One more rather cosmetic thing that I hope is simple enough to fix is that you can't skip the scene at the end when you win and go straight to your final score information, I don't mind it much even the third or fourth time, it's a nice little bit of work after all, but lots of people like that option and many of your other scenes, like the intro and exit messages, have that feature.

I'm really happy to see these new changes, the game is easier to play now and seems to be taking more of a shape as well, which is pretty cool!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector