Re: Audio Interfaces and Systems

Double post to bump the thread.

Added footsteps using some bass kick I had around that sounds close enough... but it's nearly unhearable even after normalizing and leveling, there are simply too many clues making sound around but I don't think I can remove any more without the level becoming unreadable (it's already problematic as-is).

Was wondering to just bite it and turn it more into like a radar that scans from side to side quickly, playing only the clues in the area being scanned (panning would remain to help you figure out the relative position), and hope that it shows information fast enough to not make the game unplayable (you can always just reduce the game speed, but still...). This would rule out the idea of pulses though I imagine? (or at least heavily hamper them)