Poll for upcoming robot battles game: Text to speech or voice files?

Hello everyone!
I am currently in the process of coding a very fun and very complex robot battles game with a rich sound environment, different robot characters, and many more surprises.
The game will be entirely sound bassed, and will be a role playing game in all or most of its aspects.
I am currently in a crossroads, and would like your input on something.
If I make voice files for stats reading, such as strength, defence, etc, the game will run slow because it requires lots f numbers and thus speaking these values takes longer and is less natural.
To put it in short, making voice files out of everything would make it sound as unnatural as interceptor... Which i'm not saying is bad, but I'm not keen on using this system.
If I use text to speech (either sapi or screen readers or both) I could code something like psycho strike's or swamp's messaging system, which would let you review the messages spoken by the text to speech engin e and would make the role playing aspect much more interesting because the game could just flow naturally. Of course this wouldn't eliminate the different robot voices and such.

Please give me your opinions and thank you.
Oriol