Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

@Dark, I apologize for the below link ahead of time. It is game related and could be useful as a general resource for several game devs on here.

@Wastelander: Love the challenge of the game. A couple audio related things:

While this would bring up the file size of the final game, I recommend getting sounds from here. http://www.universalsoundfx.com/ For the price, the quality is very high and does get updated occasionally for no extra charge. ((I use them myself but for audio drama purposes. I probably could use some of the sounds to make custom ones for the mutations and such. Since I don't know what sounds you might use for triggered events and such, it is a good idea to get the sound pack and figure out which ones fit best.)

Second, I have a nearly three minute ambient file that might be good for a location. As long as I get credit awesome. Search for AstralAudio on SoundCloud and the most recent file uploade d. It may not be what you envision for the game but is worth a try. (Not wanting to clutter the post with links.)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AstralAudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AstralAudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : catfish1953 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector