Re: The starwars mod for soundRTS by nathan tech is finally here!

Hello
alright form the top.
@soundmud and techmaster, you know, i'd actually never considered such a thing. That it would cause this problem simply because I don't have soundRTS on my C drive. Interesting.

Next for the licence file.
Firstly, naturally, as you have questionable and disagreeable points of the licence I naturally assume you've not actually played the mod yet? Like yourself John, I'm not from a legal background, however, I know that to use a product one must,  with out question, agree to its licence file and any copyright laws upon that product.
Second let me clear up a little misconception I'm a little confused about and I will go over the licence because of this because if i've not made it clear then that is an error on my part.
Guys, the licence in know way is staking claim to soundRTS. It is in know way saying Nathan TEch owns soundRTS or any of the mods or sounds in it accept, the starwars mod.
With the executable I can see where the confusion comes a little, and I admit I've not personally used the soundRTS installable, I've always used the zip. Like you john I'm not sure of the licence of soundRTS and so was unable to include such a file in the agreement part of the installer.

Now, don't get me wrong, I want Nathan Tech to be as open with our customers as we can but to be frankly blunt, first bradley has know right to reveal that information as that is company information secondly you have no proof to go on that says we're not licencing these sound files impropperly. Sound files can come from anywhere guys. Like bradley said youtube, sound libraries, or the public domain are ones i can think of off the top of my head.
But guys remember, I'm a game developer, so I actually, funnily enough, have sound libraries that are made for game developers.
I do actually look into the copyright of sounds and was in fact on the phone tod ay to the BBC about some sounds seeking permission or not.

The fact of the matter is, I'll be blunt an honest, 1, I'll go over the licence, as people seem to be unhappy with it. 2, if you really think we've licenced sounds wrong, a forum isnt the place to voice this, this is why our email is everywhere on our site, so you can contact us and bring it to our attention. 3, well... there is no 3.
I'm too tired to think of number 3.
Point is, I'll look over it, if you have further queries then please email me as really is a forum the place? people wanna talk about the mod as a mod, not as a legal justice judge jury and executioner thing, cmon guys.

Finally, so what do you think of the mod itself, we've established that from a players point of view, the licence is a bit... iffy, but what about the mod. Likes? dislikes? changes you wanna see for v1.1 or even v2? anyone? anyone?

alright i'm signing out for now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : techmaster20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector