Re: ultrapower's voice chat feature security review (mostly solved)

Forgive me for my ignorance if that's what you wish to call it, but are we actually achieving anything with this topic?  I imagine that the internet has been an argued topic since its birth, and what is and what is not valid in the name of privacy is a question that has far too many angles to discuss.  A couple of years ago, for instance, people were up in arms about twitter allowing blocked followers to read tweets if the twitter handle was public, the supposed argument being that a blocked follower should be, well, blocked.  It was apparent, however, from the way twitter initially handled the situation that their idea of blocked was not the same as everyone else's.  A blocked follower was not aloud to maintain contact with the blocker in question, and twitter figured this should be enough.  Personally, I don't see what the issue is here, given that regardless of a user being blocked or not, a public tweet stream is still, public!  It can still be viewed regardless of how many accounts you block!  The solution?  Make it private!
Nevertheless, twitter reversed its decision almost at once when a petition spread out amongst its users to have the matter reevaluated.  Why?  Because it's easier I suppose to make a petition than it is to use a bit of common sense.  This reversal changes nothing, and if you've blocked someone before and your twitter is public, chances are that if they care enough, they're reading your tweets right now.  I've said it once and I'll say it again; if you wouldn't say it to your closest friends while sharing a meal across the table from them, if you don't want your mother's best friend's sister's uncle's cousin's next door neighbor's pet bunny fluffy to find out about it, keep it off your PC.  An affair dating website was recently hacked; read about it if you don't believe me.  T housands, maybe hundreds of thousands of accounts were compromised including celebrities and government officials all across the United States.  Who's fault is it?  Perhaps you believe it's the site developers' fault, but the fact still remains that there can be no cause without an effect.  A set of consequences is a chain of reactions that starts with one action, and if that action is never initiated... You get the picture.  Cops can't always protect you; locks can't always protect you, and neither can internet developers.  If your anonymity is of the greatest importance, my advice is simple; assume you are already done for so you're not surprised by it when you are compromised.  The end.