Re: Looking for New Muds to Play

Oof, and I thought I went around in regards to muds.  Well I probably do but...uh, moving on.

    Honestly the only muds I still play "actively" are Lost souls, and well actually that's mostly it.  I've gotten to playing Materia magica and Avatar mud again since I never gave them a fair playthrough but anything else I just use as a chat client.  Honestly when one explores a lot of different muds, you start too see how boring some of the more populis muds are.  I liked games LIke Altaraeon before, but after a while, you can spot some of the dated stuff they had that they try to put behin dnew systems, despite it either working worse or overpowered compared to before.  And honestly the space muds ar ekind of missing more interactive planet exploration and battling, why I also liked exploring around Wayfar, since there was things to hunt down and explore on foot as well as flying around in space.  Most muds just strictly focus on the space part, and put the most routermentary land combat or exploration system on the ground.

    Though based on the previous post beforehand, You should totally play Wayfar, as it offers something different, and a fun little project. To do on the side while you play other games.  Even better that now you can setup things for your colonists to do while your gone, but I think it's still being worked on to make them more independent.  Empireud 2.0 is also another coonizing mud with some exploration and combat put in within a fantasy setting.  Honestly the main draw is creating a vast kingdom of players and npc workers, but the hack-and-slash part is also fairly well done for being a side focus of the mud.

    And for the mud I've actively played most often for the past year and a half, Lost souls is a different, but difficult gae to try out.  Think the main difference that honestly makes the game harder to start off than ost is that wearing pieces of equipment doesn't make you a killing god because they boosted your hitroll/damroll up.  Nonono, I've honestly found that type of equipment system utterly stupid considering the items that somehow make you hit better, or underwear that increases cold save for your entire body.  On the first end, that means your character is a useless blob that can't accomplish anything without items, making the items define the player, and not the character itself.  The other end is ust laziness to introduce a layer system into a game.
    Equipment on lost souls acts more like a boost to your physical capability instead of a defining feature.  And the items that do increase abilities to hit or cast tend to work on percentage off your natural stats and skills invested.  meaning you can't be a master archer with equipment that helps with fous or bows that help with aiming if you naturally suck at using bows.  It goes off your current knowledge, not always just adding to it.  Also armor tends to be layered to the body part it overs, since attacks, unless they hit for full body, usually hit parts of your body which takes damage.  Granted, there are items that provide ac and resistances to your entire body, but those are magical wards and specially enchanted or divine equipment that tend to break reality.  not a random piece of underwear that somehow reduces cold damage by 25% for your entire body.  More on he line sof magical ward rings, or equipment that setup auras.  (or my favorite, gems that painfully embed into your body all over, doing massive damage wearing them and usually lead to death if they are somehow forcively removed  The high ac boost is nice though if you survive).

    Since you already played material magica, I won't bother explaining that since I'm also new, but the fact it romotes group play for the community over solo elitism idiocy (The dudes who are chill about people getting friends to kill a mob meant for a group are not the idiots being refered to, just the durps who make fun of said group formations).  That might be due to the fact bosses tend to wreck things too fast to take all the damage yourself in one go, or require a group with a vast aray of skills not available to every person due to the number of lass types within the four class types.  (arcane blindness, divine blindness, and psionic blindness all hit different things for example).  I guess this would turn away the soloing crowd a bit, but why play an ud if you were going to play it as a single player game?  The problem might be when you can't form formations to take down these bosses, but there's also areas and bosses in many o the level ranges for people to solo, and are still challenging if soloed.  (Also me thinks those types of mobs don& #039;t give marks or the boss kill reward if you do them in a group).

   Eesh I said I wouldn't explain much on mm, and there I went and did it.  Avatar mud was the last one I think I mentioned, and I think it falls under the same mindset as material Magica, promoting group play to take down things that would tear a solo person a new one, but I think provides a lot more soloing oppritunities once you get up there within the hero/lord range to survive the areas alone.  Think the only issue with the mud is that theres not really an elemental process for spell types.  I don't think a fire-looking attack counts so much as a fire attack.  but I always thought aster classes were too boring to pay as they were the strongest to kill things.  The fact though there's active players willing to group ofen though during the days they're up is nice for the social and group players to pick up.  Also the challenge race of imps is fun as it's quite rewarding to take the weakest thing imaginable and turn it into a Pain elemental, one of the best races in the game.

    Shrug, if you want connection info for any of the list games, I'll provide them later.  need to go do something in regards to cooking.

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cruiser destroyer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector