Re: WebAIM Screen Reader Survey #6 Results and Opinions

So, I'm not the only person who can spot a trend? smile

Yes, Window-Eyes is free, and sure enough, people use it instead of alternatives--even on OS X. Quality matters. I purchased Window-Eyes and I'm glad to see AI Squared get back into the game.

As always I am disappointed by browser selection. There seems to be a strong tie between the operating system and the browser that is particularly pronounced with screen reader users. I can't say why this is, as there are clearly alternatives, but I can certainly appreciate that screen readers are guaranteed to work with primary browsers where they may not work with secondary ones. Then of course there's the inevitable question of whether screen reader users are proficient computer users.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dongargon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector