Re: Sol 1.2 is out with experimental audio mode support

Why am I subscribed if I don't get notifications anyway? neutral

So for the record, it seems I was right on the clutter thing after all. Sadly, this viewport is indeed tiny and that makes it awfully hard to see enemies in time. But yeah, if somebody knows how to work around this, that may make this mode more usable, at least until a better alternative can be developed.

crashmaster wrote:

Now if you are going to remove the mode I guess you will have to refund all the people that invested in the game to make it accessable and I am one of those people.

Yeah, I will refund anybody who wants it, just make sure to explicitly contact me (http://www.azurasun.com/contact). I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, it all depends on how things pan out yet.

Omar Alvarado wrote:

In our community, most games like these have an object viewer.
In activating it, you can get a list of the objects that are important. This may include doors, enemies, items, and anything you may think might be important.

Can you give me more details?

Omar Alvarado wrote:

Also, this started out with bk III, where you pressed and held g, that allowed you to pan a camera around. Think of it as kind of like the camera in the Mario titles.

For the record, this new version (1.22) does it vertically with up and down. I dunno how to make it work with left and right though, since those make you run and that would be problematic. Can anybody suggest what keys could be used that are less likely to get in the way?

Omar Alvarado wrote:

And guys, can we please not be so harsh on this guy? He's a mainstream dev who is just beginning to put in experimental audio support.

Eh, I'd prefer people to be blunt and harsh, that's the only way I can measure if this is actually working tongue

garrett wrote:

I have a sudgestion. Instead of the beeping, I could give you other sounds, like wood noises for sealing, a wind noise for pits, and other stuff. Just a sudgestion.

Well, if you think that could help, sure. Again, get in contact with me.