Re: ideal way of creating a map parcer?

MODERATION.

I really really hate to have to come here and put myself into this heaping mess, but this thread finally caught my attention and someone needs to step in.

The first things that come to mind here are the rules about being nice to each other, but mostly avoiding off topic posting.  Omar's original post was looking for help in how to do something in BGT, so that is what this entire thread was created for.  Starting from post 6 this thread was hijacked, and done so in the hostile way that my fellow programmers take such a delight in.  This was simply not called for, and it needs to stop happening each and every time someone brings up a programming question!

Moderation over.

I'm going to rant a bit now, as just another guy, not a moderator.

Pointing out that someone else is wrong and you are right, seems to be the reason most people even become programmers.  Half of the developers floating around type more lines in to holier-than-thou rants then they type as code in their projects.  For decades I have seen how much these people light up, with huge smiles on their faces, the moment they can butt in on a conversation to shower people with their godlike knowledge.  Who in the **** thinks this is appropriate?!

Imagine a person posts something about a sick relative in the hospital, and in the message gives a major clue about their religion.  Would any of you think it was appropriate if someone replied with a long rant about how wrong they are for being that religion?  What if they've spent more years in their religion (and must therefore know better)?  What if they can cite crap out of 10 times as many books or talk to a larger number of people at their church?  None of that matters at all, because no one Asked for a religious debate!  Slop down pages upon pages of junk trying to show that the sick relative is following the wrong deity, and all you' ;re doing is becoming a bigger and bigger douche.

I don't have to mention names for everyone here to know exactly who the most hostile people have been.  To those people I'd like to say that if anyone cared to hear about your programming opinions, they'd have made a thread asking for them.  If you want to stand above everyone, preaching your programming wisdom, then go make your own thread dedicated to it.  I am sick and tired of everything being just 1 more excuse to stand up and preach!  It is none of your business what people choose to do, and if you don't want to answer their questions then don't.

It was basically said that this community is held back because it uses the wrong languages and tools.  It was also stated that the mainstream language-specific communities have their own versions of these huge arguments.  Do you know why that is, because I do.  The people who always feel the need to jump in and &qu ot;correct" others are themselves the broken ones.  Even if you gave them their way and everyone started using the same tools, they'd just go around looking for the next thing to argue about.  You have to show other people that you know more than them, and you have to point out the flaws of others to feel superior right?  It will never stop with those people, and I'm saying so out of experience.  I don't know how I compare to everyone else on this forum, but I've been dealing with programmers for 18 years now.  I've seen these same people from the time I was in high school, through university life, and out in the real world.  The self righteous pricks never grow out of that need to feel superior, and they continue to pull the same crap over and over.  They like to think that everyone else has a problem when at their core they have a problem much worse than choosing the "wrong" tool for a project.

I real ly am sick of this crap.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : severestormsteve1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : samtupy1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : momo7807 via Audiogames-reflector