Re: dvd video soft youtube converter not working?

For now I use a program called youtube-dl. It's a command line program so it's a bit more on the complicated side. You can set it up to convert directly to mp3 but I prefer to use ffmpeg to extract the audio directly instead of transcoding to another format. But if you're not as picky as I am, you don't have to do it that way.
While Pontes Media Downloader is good, I find it has trouble with large playlists. It will often just stop downloading after 20 or so videos. It also doesn't allow you to customize file names (I prefer having upload date at the end of the file name so I know how old the video is, but that's just me). Youtube-dl can do this although it doesn't look at neat as the old DVD Video Soft downloader did it.
I'll have to check the classic versions of the DVD converters. Since they've pretty much abandoned accessibility a while back, the fact that they've gone completely inaccessible is really no surprise to me. The last version I really liked was 2.x, once 3.x hit, everything changed. The interface is full of "get the pro version of this program, get a rocket subscription..." yada yada yada, and would frequently make the focus jump into the ad windows. Many things were either unlabeled or in weird places, and the ability to select individual videos from playlists was hindered because of accessibility issues, which got so bad over time that I just gave up on it. I've e-mailed them multiple times and they always give the typical response, "We apologize for the inconvenience, we're working on it." The optional screen reader support which was eventually added never did a damn thing. I haven't checked it recently but yeah. I wouldn't bet your hopes on the classic version being fully accessible, it's probably just a re-hash of the finnocky 3.x interface. I'll check it though and edit this post with an update.