Re: Lusternia: Age of Ascension

The ascii colour alternatives sound like a good idea indeed.
I do recall someone having trouble in the iron realms games with directions and finding their way, and commands like "whereis whatever" or commands to say whether you've explored an area can help with that type of thing, just pointing out roughly where you are in relation to a region or town eg "You are a little to the northeast of genericton and far south of questinville" big_smile..

While gagging combat spam is a possibility, it's usually better if the games have something to reduce it as well, so that vi players don't have to have screen readers on super fast speed to risk missing stuff, or just get swamped with a lot of messages, prompt customization can also help here too, after all setting up gag triggers isn't a newbie friendly business even with Vipmud (which I use myself).

What we've done on this site primarily (at least when myself or one of the other staff can gett off our lazy rear ends), is list those muds with screen reader adaptations of one sort or another. Of course, most muds can be played anyway so long as there isn't a massive amount of ascii, but obviously the purpose of this site and the game database is promotion of accessible games, so the muds we've listed have all done something or other in terms of game access.