Re: New horror and adventure sidescroller, The gate!

@Seal
I can't stress enough that I was only using those comparisons to demonstrate the idea of spiking difficulty at times, along with tricky situations that theoretically, shouldn't happen.  It wasn't meant to make The Gate seem like a truely mainstream game.  I have now, as I stated in my updated post, beaten the demo myself on easy and I might even go so far as to try it on normal to see how much more difficult the game is. I have been playing mainstream games for many years as well and understand your points about the audiogaming scene not having anywhere near as much innovation as in mainstream titles.  The discussion of why this is, as well as what can be done to prevent what might turn into potential stagnation of the scene itself and how audio games can catch up to their mainstream contenders is a whole other topic though.

Below I have information for anyone who is having trouble with TGL
***s
e***
A few points to keep in mind.

  • The bow is an  interesting weapon, in the fact that it only has a certain range of effectiveness.  If you shoot and the enemy is too close, your arrows will miss their mark.

  • You can make at least 2 shots per pass if you're far enough away.  TGL will react when hit and you can jump mere moments after you've fired.  Keep bouncing around the stage and killing ghosts when they appear - the bow will harm them as well.

Hope that helps
***e
r***

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Muhammad Hajjar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : corykad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector