You'd have to check the bitrates used on the various online BBC
stations, and compare it to DAB to try and get an idea of a
comparison.

But bearing in mind the different compression systems (Real Audio vs.
Mpeg L2) it will be hard to do.

As a country we have the worst DAB quality of anywhere in the world and
I predict it will get worse still, as time goes on, since the economics
of the service almost guarantee it, so I suspect it's a bit of 6 of
one, half a dozen of the other!

Neither come remotely close to the FM broadcasts, in terms of quality,
I wonder if a way could be found to stream a feed from an FM tuner to
the SB for best quality?

That all said, the convenience and access of either DAB or the
Internet-based stations are a huge bonus to me, and the 'Listen Again'
stuff really adds the icing on a great cake!

Andy.

--
Andrew L. Weekes